This version has been replaced by v. 1.2. Please go to the new page for information and download link. Posting to this page is now closed.
This is an AppleScript for quickly reporting spam to SpamCop from within Eudora. In addition to queueing a properly formatted spam report in your outbox, it has the following features:
- NEW!: Submission of multiple selected messages at one invocation.
- If message has been left on server, script can be configured to set that message to be deleted.
- Attachments to the spam are deleted automatically, with or without notification, according to user preferences.
- Script can mark the spam as read, and can optionally trash it or move it to the Junk folder.
Download & Enjoy!
Unfortunately, there aren’t adequate verbs in Eudora’s AppleScript dictionary for a robust implementation of the Junk mail feature. Moving an e-mail to the Junk folder does assign a score of 100 to it (though it takes a while to see that), but I’m not sure if it properly updates the Bayesian filters the way the Junk command does. Consider it a workaround implementation until we either get native verbs for it, or until keystroke programming becomes standard in Mac OS X.
* This script is intended for Mac OS X v 10.2, and Eudora 6, but might also work with Eudora 5.2, though obviously without the Junk mail functionality.